- When opening Workflower for the first time, the user will now be asked whether they want to label layers outside groups to None.
- Fixed a bug that removed all parents within a group when unparenting a group.
- Fixed issues that occurred after updating to a new AE version. Workflower will now inform you correctly to go to the Workflower shortcuts panel to apply shortcuts for the new version.
- If you updated to v1.1 from an earlier version, the default of Trim Matte Merges with only Group Matte FXs to Matted Layer has been incorrectly set to off. This will now be set to on.
- If you have a duplicate file of Workflower within the ScriptUI Panels folder (either in the system or user folder), Workflower will now inform you to remove the file. (Otherwise, the script won't work.)
- Ability to use Group Opacity and Layers respect Group In/Out. Once you enable Group Opacity, Workflower will add an expression to the opacity of the layers and it will add a special opacity slider effect to all group layers as it does with Prime Clone layers. Execute Reveal Layer Opacity to reveal the slider in the timeline.
- Ability to add masks to a group header. When you draw a mask on the group header and you execute Refresh Connections, a Group Matte linked to the group header will be applied to all layers. However, it will only consider the masks, not the effects of the group header. (The border size of the group header will be set to comp size. You can change the size by going to the layer's Contents > Border > Fill > Size.) If you remove the mask/s from your group header, it will turn back to the default group header size.
- New function: Center Group Header. Moves the header to the average position of all group layers' anchor points. (That way you can center the group header at any point, even after having created the group.)
- Ability to create an empty group. With no layer selected, execute Create Group.
- Automatic trimming of the in and out point of the group header to its contained layers (off when using Layers respect Group In/Out), as well as automatic adjustment of Group Linked Adjustment Layers and Group Mattes to their group header. Also of track mattes to their matted layer, of Precomp Clones to their contained layers, and of Matted Adjustment Layers to their matted clone.
- Ability to shy Matte Merge layers that only contain Group Matte effects (Shy Mattes). Select any of the group layers and execute Select Group to select the corresponding Shy Mattes too. If enabled (under Settings > Matting), all shy'd layers will then be unshy'd temporarily. Now move your layers and the next time you execute Refresh Layout, all Shy Mattes will be shy'd again.
- New function: Unshy Layers. Only available via shortcut (Win: Alt+F5, Mac: no default shortcut). Temporarily unshy's all Shy Mattes until the next time you execute Refresh Layout. Useful when you, for example, want to move a layer without existing Group Matte into a group with Group Matte and you want to be able to easily place the layer at the correct position.
- New function: Precompose. A replacement for AE's Pre-compose with additional options. Using this function, you can convert a group to a precomp and vice versa too. When doing this, you can also convert transforms, Group Mattes, and Group Linked Adjustment Layers so that the precomp layer/group will inherit these attributes.
- When you add/remove a layer to/from a group, Group Mattes and group effects will now be added/removed when executing Refresh Layout without the need for executing Refresh Connections afterward anymore. (You can also deactivate this behavior under Settings > Matting or Settings > Adjustment Layers since it might slow Refresh Layout down when dealing with a lot of layers.)
- When you're unlinking a Precomp Clone or Linked Adjustment Layer where source properties have expressions applied to them, you can now automatically convert all expressions to keyframes on the cloned/linked layer to improve performance. (You need to enable this feature under the Cloning or Adjustment Layer Settings.)
- An advanced way to duplicate groups and layers. For example, all effects that reference other selected layers will be updated to their duplicates, as well as a more straightforward naming of the duplicates and an automated way of updating Group Mattes and Group Adjustment Layers to the duplicated group.
- If you don't have a group header selected, Duplicate Group will now duplicate only the selected layers (not the group) with the advanced features mentioned above.
- When duplicating a group, the duplicated group will now get a new label color.
- Option to use a custom indentation icon in Expression Mode. Go to the Icon Settings to enable it. Useful when working a lot in Expression Mode and you want to have an indication of the layers' indentation level.
- Ability to define custom default names of Group Clones, Group Linked Adjustment Layers, and Group Mattes. Go to Settings > Naming to define them.
- When you're creating a group with a lot of layers, or you're toggling between layout styles in a larger comp (40+ layers), a progress bar will now indicate how long it will take until the action is complete.
- Ability to create a KBar button to directly label the selected group/layer with a specific color. Simply pass the label ID as an argument in the function, e.g. to label with the 3rd color, write: relabelLayers(3)
- On Workflower's shortcuts panel, you can now reset a single function to its default shortcut by Shift+Clicking on Edit.
- Option to simulate an enter press to skip the AE panel after applying Workflower shortcuts. (You need to enable this by going to Settings > Miscellaneous.)
- On Windows, you now have the option to select a different method of how Workflower determines the current mouse position. Go to Settings > Miscellaneous and set Mouse Position Calculation to External File (Advanced). (This has been added because some people experienced issues with dialogs not coming up which happens due to the fact that the mouse position calculation fails.)
- Ability to log Workflower activity. To enable it, go to Settings > License & Help > Enable Logging or create a file named "wf_enable_log.txt" (without quotation marks) in your Documents user folder if you cannot access the settings dialog. In case you encounter issues and you contact customer support, you might want to include your latest logfile (to be found under ~Documents/Adobe/Workflower/Logging).
- Ability to disable the update check from outside of the script. Useful since there are rare instances when the update check prevents the script from being opened. In these cases, please add a file named "wf_disable_update_check.txt" (without quotation marks) in your 'Documents' user folder and start the script again.
- Updated to AEScripts licensing framework v4.0.3.
- Now you can have any group layer selected to execute Select Group. This does not apply when you have a group layer and a group header that is contained in the same group selected. The other exception is when the selected layer has a Shy Matte above. (In that case, only the Shy Matte will be selected).
- When you duplicate a group, only the duplicated group header will now be selected (instead of the whole group).
- When a group header is 3D, the shy'd layer above the group which exists to display potential group error messages will now be disabled. That way, 3D space is retained and layers across different groups can intersect. Potential group error messages will still be displayed but only the shy'd layer above the topmost 2D group header will be used for that.
- When you open a project that was created with an earlier version or on another OS, you will now be informed and you can choose to update all comps in the project to the current version/OS.
- On Mac or when using Individual Scripts Mode on Windows, when you have a reduced number of shortcuts and you click Reset to Default on Workflower's shortcuts panel, shortcuts will now be applied by priority (not by index).
- On Mac or when using Individual Scripts Mode on Windows, two new default shortcuts have been added: Precompose (Win: Alt+F3, Mac: macControl+C) and Ungroup Layer/s (Win+Mac: Shift+H). To make room for those, Clone in Comp and Store Layers 1 have been removed from the list of functions with default shortcuts.
- Fixed a bug that would move layers incorrectly when a group with a large number of sub-groups was created.
- Fixed a bug that would not unshy accidentally shy'd group headers when refreshing the layout.
- On Windows, when you use multiple monitors with different DPI scalings, panels that appear at mouse position, now come up at the correct position. (For this to work properly, you need to disable Warn User when Executing Files in AE's Scripting & Expressions preferences because Workflower has to execute a file at startup to check the different monitor scalings.)
- Fixed ExtComms error handling.
- Updated licensing framework.
- Fixed issues when the user folder and/or AE shortcut file couldn't be found. Sometimes, this could have prevented the user from opening the script and/or reduced performance when executing functions.
- Fixed issues that occurred when shortcuts with a combination of Shift+Alt/Option+Key were applied.
- Greatly reduced the number of times you could get the No corresponding Function found error message.
- On Windows, when you use a scaled monitor resolution, panels that appear at mouse position, now come up at the correct position. (Unfortunately, Workflower will only take the scaling of the primary monitor into account. This will be fixed in the upcoming v1.1.)
- Fixed a bug on Mac that would cause panels that are supposed to appear at mouse position not to come up when multiple monitors with custom scalings were used.
- If dialogs that are supposed to appear at mouse position do not come up because the calculation of the mouse position fails, Workflower will now inform the user to restart AE, and if it doesn't help, to change the Position of Borderless Dialogs to At Last Position.
- Fixed issues that caused the automatic update check to get disabled by accident.
- When you create a group that contains 3D layers and that is supposed to parent the layers, the group header will now automatically be turned into 3D.
- On Mac, when Indent Layers Outside Groups to Fit AE Icons is deactivated, no space will now be added in front of group-less layer names.
- A more robust updating process for shortcut slots on Mac and Individual Scripts Mode on Windows. There's no need anymore to go to the shortcuts panel yourself. Also, if the update wasn't successful, Workflower will keep reminding you to update.
- Under certain conditions, some Japanese users experienced problems with opening the script. Now, alerts with more meaningful messages have been put in to guide the installation.
- The user will now be informed if the script file was accidentally put into the ScriptUI Panels folder.
- Ability to batch convert all comps to another layout style. Very useful when exchanging the project with someone who doesn't own Workflower. (For example, you might want to convert all of your comps to Expression Mode then.) Go to Workflower's settings and click on Convert all Comps in Project to another Layout Style.
- As there are issues with Workflower's shortcuts on Windows when the OS language is Japanese, the user will now be informed about the problem and how to set up everything correctly.
- Fixed a bug that would occur when actions are executed for multiple comps at once (like linking/unlinking elements across all comps in the project).
VERSION WITH CRITICAL BUG FIXES. PLEASE UPDATE!
- Support for Supercomp layers in Indented Layout. Now, the Supercomp layer will not be indented so that it doesn't break the Supercomp.
- Speed for the Relabel panel to come up has been improved. Also for the execution of Create Matte, Delete Layer / Clone / Group and Paste Stored Layers.
- Fixed issues that could lead AE to crash/freeze.
- Precomp Clones now support text style expressions on the Source Text property.
- Within a Precomp Clone, when a text layer has different text styles, no linked expression will now be created, as an expression on this property will set a uniform text style. (Please execute Refresh Connections to refresh potential changes.)
- As some users were not able to open the script when AE's shortcut file contains special characters, the user will now be alerted to change the shortcut file name to only contain regular English characters. (Fixing the underlying issue might take a bit as this seems to be a bug within AE.)
- The user will now be alerted when, under certain circumstances, AE's shortcut folder cannot be found. (The user will have to manually select the shortcut file then.)
- Fixed a bug that occurred when the shape content of a group header was deleted.
- Initial release